1 lb loaf day old *Portuguese Sweet Bread, cubed
8 large eggs
3 1/2 cups whole milk
1 1/2 cups whipping cream
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup raisins
1. Butter a 13 x 9 x 2 baking dish.
2. In a large bowl , combine all the ingredients except bread and raisins.
3. Mix until eggs are well incorporated
4. Add bread cubes and raisins and mix till combined.
5. Pour the mixture into baking dish.
6. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
7. Bake at 350 F. for 1 hour, 15 minutes.
8. Serve warm or at room temperature with warm vanilla sauce and or sweetened real whipped cream.
* any sweet yeast bread will work, like Hawaiian or Challah
1 cup half & half
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
combine in a double boiler over medium heat stirring constantly until thickend. Cool slightly.
Post a Comment